It was amusing to see what had changed and, perhaps more remarkably, what stayed the same.
Here are Sissy's anwers.
1. What is your favorite color? Pink (no change)
2. What is your favorite toy? A doll... my Rapunzel doll, the little one (no change)
3. What is your favorite fruit? Those cutie things (last year: melon)
4. What is your favorite tv show? Olivia (last year: My Little Pony)
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Turkey and cheese sandwich (last year: macaroni and cheese)
6. What is your favorite outfit? The cupcake shirt and the long skirt with my leggings (last year: owl shirt. Note: the long skirt I actually made her and she would wear it every day if we let her).
7. What is your favorite game? Twister and the Olivia LeapPad game (last year: Tangled LeapPad game)
8. What is your favorite snack? Tortilla chips (last year: apple)
9. What is your favorite animal? Giraffe (laughs hysterically - no change from last year, she even laughed hysterically last year).
10. What is your favorite song? The Peter Pan song (the one where they're marching, it's the Lost Boys' song, last year it was A Part of Your World)
11. What is your favorite book? Green Eggs and Ham (last year: The Little Mermaid)
12. Who is your best friend? Audrey (the only girl in her class, last year it was Hailey from daycare)
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cheerios (last year: Life cereal)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Playing on the plasma cars (I assume that's something from school, last year it was riding bikes)
15. What is your favorite drink? Milk (no change)
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas (last year: Spring)
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My pillow (last year: dolls - all the dolls... she really doesn't sleep with anything anymore unless she's sick)
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cheerios (last year: cereal)
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? A sandwich (same as last year, which is weird)
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? An artist Princess (last year: Astronaut or Alice from Alice in Wonderland)
We had a nice birthday celebration. Dinner out and then a trip to Starbucks. She had fun.
5 thus far has been rougher than 4. She's much more moody that she was before. I'm not used to a weepy girl-child, that's usually the boy. So we'll all be adjusting... She's still usually very happy and sweet and easy going, she's just starting to assert herself and she's she's entering this new stage where she'd rather play by herself than with her brother (which I totally get because he's rowdy and I have a little
So happy birthday to our sweet Amazonian child. We love you!