1. Today I dropped off my grad school app! (technically it's for the CSUS teacher credentialing program). I should know by April if I got in...
2. We may have found new insurance and on paper it looks a heck of a lot better than our old plan and it's cheaper.
3. Yesterday was a bad day - Penelope decided that it would be totally awesome to scream bloody murder for almost 4 straight hours. Luckily Bryan came home early and we took her to the Pediatrician. They couldn't find anything wrong (no ear infection, no swollen gums, no temperature). She stopped crying by the time we got to the Ped's office and smiled at her pediatrician the whole time. Stinker.
4. Our pediatrician sounds like Gonzo. It's really annoying.
5. There's nothing like Chai Tea on a rainy day
6. I'm not a huge fan of the rain, but I'm glad it's here - we need it!
7. Bryan and I now have Life Insurance - I feel like a grown up :)
8. It took me almost a month, but I finished a book!
9. We have to do our taxes this week... I have a feeling they're going to be a headache.
10. Penelope now weighs just over 15 pounds.
11. I had to go through P's closet again and get rid of all of her 6 month sized clothes. Our Amazon baby is now in 9 month sleepers.
12. I'm really looking forward to Mom's group tomorrow. I may make the ladies cookies!
13. I made banana bread last night with wheat flour. It's not a sweet that way, but I feel less guilty when I pig out and eat 2 large slices.
14. My brother starts bartending school next week - which hopefully means he'll have a job by next month. Hooray!
This is hard. I don't know if I can get to 50.
15. I'm totally committed to doing baby signs with Penny. I've already started forming her hands into certain signs (like hungry & eat). I know she's too young to be able to make them or even really know what I'm doing, but I figure that it can't hurt to start super early.
16. I miss the gym :( we canceled my membership b/c it wasn't really in our budget. Good to save money, but I find myself less motivated to work out if I don't have a gym membership.
17. Lisa's wedding is the weekend - I can't wait to see everyone!!
18. I have three weddings to go to this year, Lisa's, Terra's, & Tazz's
19. Hopefully this means next year Penny will have some new cousins to play with *wink wink*
20. Except for Tazz, it's ok if he doesn't breed (*lol*)
21. Just found out that the IUD isn't covered by our current (and super crappy) insurance. Well crap. I can't do hormonal birth control and we got pregnant using a diaphragm. What the heck am I supposed to do?!?!?
22. Have I mentioned how much I HATE America's healthcare system?
23. Although I don't know how much better any other system is. I hear great things, but who knows how true all of that is...
24. My new favorite pen is an ultra fine sharpie.
25. Almost time to go pick up the kidlets! Maybe I'll post the other 25 things later (providing I can think of 25 more).
5 weeks ago