Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sleep... and teething

Griffin's sleep is wacky. His napping is inconsistent and lately he's been waking up 4-5 times during the night to nurse. This is not cool.

I blame teething. He has one tooth and #2 is just below the surface. I'm hoping that it will break through sometime this weekend so we can get back to a somewhat normal night schedule for the week. Things are only going to get busier in our lives, so it would be nice if we were able to get a decent amount of sleep.

So that's really all I have to say on sleep and teething. There's really not much more to it. I want more sleep and teething sucks.

Things have been busy since I started student teaching, but we've gotten into a rhythm and I think we've all adjusted well. Poe is a tad clingier since I stopped spending all day every day with her, but that's to be expected. Both kids love spending time with my Dad so I'm so very thankful that he's available to watch them while I'm teaching and Bryan is working. I do really miss spending time with the kids, and all of our mommy and baby friends, but I also enjoy teaching. Hopefully once my student teaching is over I'll be able to find a (paying) job teaching in the area. Although Bryan and I haven't ruled out moving out of Sac or our of Cali.

I'm at Mira Loma High School right now, and it's great. I have 2 classes of Sophomores and 3 of Freshman. So far I'm teaching full time in 3 of my 5 classes and will soon be teaching full time in all 5. Each class is different and its been interesting to see how a year in grade level, the time of day, and class size all affect student behaviors. I have one class that can be very difficult, but as the semester progresses they're starting to settle down. My classroom management skills have vastly improved since the beginning of the semester but I still have work to do. I honestly don't think a classroom teacher ever stops learning and improving when it comes to both teaching techniques and classroom management. Well, maybe some do, but not the really effective teachers.

Back to School Night is next week and I think I'm more nervous about meeting parents than I was about the first day of school!

This next week should be a good one though. I have some fun stuff planned for my Sophomores (well, stuff I think is fun) and I'm feeling really good about my schedule for my 6th period Freshman. I owe them candy for behaving themselves for an entire week (best $25 I ever spent) and last week was hopefully a turning point for that class. We'll see, but I'm optimistic about the rest of the semester.

Once we start Romeo & Juliet with the Freshman I'll be teaching all 5 classes (plus I have a seminar class, TPAs to complete, and a Thesis to start/finish) so I'll be even busier. In a way I'm glad I'm taking all this on while the kids are young, but it's also sad to miss so much of the little everyday milestones.

Oh well, in the long run finishing my Masters and Credential will be what's best for this family so it's worth it.

And Bryan starts his core coursework soon (no more undergrad stuff!). He's got a 3.8 GPA right now and just finished Math. It will be really nice when we're both done with school and have time to spend it together - we really don't see each other much. We'll have to do something nice for our anniversary - 3 years! We've done quite a lot in three years ;)

Ok, time for bed. Must sleep while I can since I'm sure G-man will be up at least 3 times tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Penelope's Growth

6 years: 50 inches, 47 lbs
5 years: 48 inches, 42 lbs
4 years: 43.5 inches, 41.0 lbs
28 months: 39 inches, 33.1 lbs
26 months: 38.5 inches, 32.1 lbs
21 months: 37 inches, 31.8 lbs
18 months: 35 inches, 30 lbs
15 months: 34.25 inches, 28.8 lbs
12 months: 32 inches, 27.1 lbs
9 months: 30.5 inches, 25.1 lbs
6 months: 29 inches, 21.2 lbs
4 months: 28.5 inches, 17.13 lbs
2 months: 24.75 inches, 12.12 lbs
At birth: 20.75 inches, 7.15 lbs

Griffin's Growth

5 years - 3 feet 11.25 inches (47.25 inches), 51 lbs
3 years - 3 feet 5.25 inches, 40lbs
18 months - 34.5 inches, 27.13lbs
12 months - 32 inches, 26.5lbs*
10 months - 31.75 inches, 23.4 lbs
7 months - 29.25 inches, 21.4 lbs
5 months - 28.5 inches, 17.9 lbs*
4 months - 28 inches, 15.5 lbs
3 months - 27 inches, 13.10 lbs
2 months - 25.125 inches, ?? lbs
1 month - 24 inches, 10.13 lbs
At birth - 22.5 inches, 9.1 lbs
*with diaper

Izzy's Growth

2 months: 23.25 inches, 10.8 lbs
At Birth: 22 inches, 8.11 lbs

Blog Archive