Wednesday, July 15, 2009

LA Trip Part II (Saturday & Sunday) - picture heavy

Saturday morning we got ready and then headed North to go to a BBQ at the house of one one my online mommy friend's mother in law (say that three times fast!). Meg (my mommy friend) and I had met online when we were both pregnant, she was in town visiting. Kristen (another mommy friend from the same online board) lives in the LA area, so she came up for the BBQ as well. Have I confused you yet? Good.

Anyway, here are the babies in birth order (Edith, Penelope, and Jon):
Photobucket

Here's one of favorites of Jon and Penny:
Photobucket

And here's one of all of us moms with our babies:
Photobucket

Oh! And here's one of two of the Daddies having some quality time with their daughters... squeezed into a baby pool:
Daddies & Babies

We had a really good time! I love meeting all of the moms I've known online for over a year. We're all planning on meeting up for the kids' 5th birthday, but I would love to be able to meet everyone before then... I have a not so secret hope that Penny grows up to marry one of the other December babies so I know she'll get along with her in-laws, not everyone lucks out like I did with super-awesome in-laws!

After the BBQ we headed back to the hotel and got stuck in some NASTY Los Angeles traffic. Not fun. I got rather cranky, I hate traffic.

BUT after refueling Penny's diaper-bag at the hotel we headed over to my cousin Wade's house. He and his wife Jennifer had twins in February (did I mention that on this blog? I think I did...) Anyway, I was super excited to meet them (and to spend some time with Wade and Jen who are fantastic).

Penelope decided that Jennifer was the coolest thing since sliced bread. It was so cute... she just LOVED Jen!

I didn't get as many pictures as I had planned, too busy holding babies! But here are some that I was able to take.

Ava in her jumperoo:
Photobucket

Penelope in the jumperoo and Luke watching her play:
Photobucket

Luke with his Daddy:
Wade & Luke

It was a really great visit. I wish they lived closer so we could see them more often! I can't wait until they're all a little older and they can run around and play play play!

So that was Saturday, fun and exhausting.

And now, SUNDAY!

Kristen, her husband Brian, and Jon picked us up at the hotel and we took a short drive over to Angel Stadium to see the Angels play the Yankees (the Angels won, and it was a sweep!).

Here are the babies watching the game (we were closer to the field at the beginning, but moved to the rafters so we could have shade)
Penelope

Here's baby and Daddy:
Photobucket

Miss P & I:
Photobucket

We had a really great time. I enjoy going to stadiums to watch games (not so much watching them on TV), and Penelope love people watching. Once we moved to the shade it was much more enjoyable - it wasn't too terribly hot, but it was pretty warm and the sun was pretty fierce on baby skin.

It was also really nice to spend more time with Kristen and her family. I'm so glad they came with us, it made the game that much better!

After they dropped us back off at the hotel we took P to the pool, ate, and then all crashed. It had been a very full and very fun two days and we were all exhausted!

More later on Monday - our last day in LA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Penelope's Growth

6 years: 50 inches, 47 lbs
5 years: 48 inches, 42 lbs
4 years: 43.5 inches, 41.0 lbs
28 months: 39 inches, 33.1 lbs
26 months: 38.5 inches, 32.1 lbs
21 months: 37 inches, 31.8 lbs
18 months: 35 inches, 30 lbs
15 months: 34.25 inches, 28.8 lbs
12 months: 32 inches, 27.1 lbs
9 months: 30.5 inches, 25.1 lbs
6 months: 29 inches, 21.2 lbs
4 months: 28.5 inches, 17.13 lbs
2 months: 24.75 inches, 12.12 lbs
At birth: 20.75 inches, 7.15 lbs

Griffin's Growth

5 years - 3 feet 11.25 inches (47.25 inches), 51 lbs
3 years - 3 feet 5.25 inches, 40lbs
18 months - 34.5 inches, 27.13lbs
12 months - 32 inches, 26.5lbs*
10 months - 31.75 inches, 23.4 lbs
7 months - 29.25 inches, 21.4 lbs
5 months - 28.5 inches, 17.9 lbs*
4 months - 28 inches, 15.5 lbs
3 months - 27 inches, 13.10 lbs
2 months - 25.125 inches, ?? lbs
1 month - 24 inches, 10.13 lbs
At birth - 22.5 inches, 9.1 lbs
*with diaper

Izzy's Growth

2 months: 23.25 inches, 10.8 lbs
At Birth: 22 inches, 8.11 lbs

Blog Archive