Monday, January 18, 2010

Kicking vs Stretching

Penelope was a stretcher. Sure she'd kick every now and then, but she enjoyed jamming her feet into my ribs and stretching her arms so they hit my cervix at the same time... and then holding the position for awhile. It was uncomfortable.

"&" isn't much of a stretcher so far, but MAN is this baby a kicker. A rather violent kicker (at least compared to Penny) and it is just as uncomfortable as stretching. A different kind of uncomfortable, but still not pleasant.

For all that some ooh and aww over fetal movement, it is (in general) a wholly uncomfortable experience that does not endear me to pregnancy. Of course, not much about being pregnant is pleasant so there you go. Anyone who tries to tell you different is flat out crazy and has post-pregnancy amnesia (which I've decided is an evolutionary trick that gets women to agree to conceive after they've experienced the 9+ months of discomfort pregnancy entails). Between nausea, vomiting, exhaustion, pains, stretching, hormones, mood swings, being beat-up from the inside, waddling around, and labor it's a miracle people still get pregnant. I love my babies, but getting them here isn't my favorite thing in the world.

Anyway. Kicking... the bright side is that I know "&" is doing well. And there's hope he/she will have a soccer career... or maybe a kicker for the NFL. Or something else that requires strong legs and painful accuracy.

Now on to Penelope.

Miss had her first dentist appointment today. That was the biggest waste of an hour I've ever spent. At least it was a free check up, if I would have had to pay for that I would have been annoyed. Everything looks fine (not like the dentist could get much of a look, Penny apparently distrusts anyone in a white lab coat and refused to open her mouth). But we got it done like the American Dental Association recommends and will get her some baby toothpaste (we've just been brushing her teeth with water). I won't take her back until she's closer to 3.

I'm sure there's a lot more I could talk about, but it's bedtime and I'm exhausted (and starving - although it's too late to make poor Bryan go out to get food and I'm pretty sure In & Out is closed). Trying to eat healthier for these last couple months of pregnancy, but it's a losing battle. Being slightly depressed about my seemingly futile job search, plus other various issues makes me crave comfort food - and comfort food isn't exactly organic, low-calorie, or full of vitamins and minerals.

Ok, it's really bedtime. Not like "&" will let me sleep much, but I've at least got to try.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN SISTA!!!!! I honestly feel there's no need for any child to torture their mother in this fashion, but there's not much we can do about it. Just wait it out, and hide our swears in front of the other child while being in pain.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Penelope's Growth

6 years: 50 inches, 47 lbs
5 years: 48 inches, 42 lbs
4 years: 43.5 inches, 41.0 lbs
28 months: 39 inches, 33.1 lbs
26 months: 38.5 inches, 32.1 lbs
21 months: 37 inches, 31.8 lbs
18 months: 35 inches, 30 lbs
15 months: 34.25 inches, 28.8 lbs
12 months: 32 inches, 27.1 lbs
9 months: 30.5 inches, 25.1 lbs
6 months: 29 inches, 21.2 lbs
4 months: 28.5 inches, 17.13 lbs
2 months: 24.75 inches, 12.12 lbs
At birth: 20.75 inches, 7.15 lbs

Griffin's Growth

5 years - 3 feet 11.25 inches (47.25 inches), 51 lbs
3 years - 3 feet 5.25 inches, 40lbs
18 months - 34.5 inches, 27.13lbs
12 months - 32 inches, 26.5lbs*
10 months - 31.75 inches, 23.4 lbs
7 months - 29.25 inches, 21.4 lbs
5 months - 28.5 inches, 17.9 lbs*
4 months - 28 inches, 15.5 lbs
3 months - 27 inches, 13.10 lbs
2 months - 25.125 inches, ?? lbs
1 month - 24 inches, 10.13 lbs
At birth - 22.5 inches, 9.1 lbs
*with diaper

Izzy's Growth

2 months: 23.25 inches, 10.8 lbs
At Birth: 22 inches, 8.11 lbs

Blog Archive